Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2 weeks old

Evie has been with us for 2 weeks today!

This past weekend she got to meet her Grumpy, Addie, Uncle Dusty, Aunt Rachel, and Uncle Nate! It was good to have them here!











Evie has "woken up" in the last couple of days. She spends more time awake and looking around, but is still sleeping as much as I will let her at night! I hate to complain, but I don't know what to do about that. Last night, I woke up and woke her up at 1:30am. She refused to eat then. I guess she just wasn't ready yet. So, I went back to sleep...until 5:30am!! Again, I had to wake HER up, but she was happy to eat this time. I'm either going to have to start setting an alarm (I can't trust myself to wake up on my own) or just let her sleep (don't know if that's "allowed" this early). She seems to be growing well. She was back up to 8lbs 10oz yesterday, from a low of 8lbs 3oz (birthweight 8lbs 12oz).

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Yeah for sleep! Evie is such a cutie! I think that as long as she is gaining weight back let her sleep at night.

Emmilu said...

As long as she's gaining weight, let that baby sleep.

Whitney said...

In that first picture, Grumpy and Gage have the same expression on their faces! Too funny! Thanks for sharing all the sweet pictures!
Love, Whit

Rita H said...

As long as she is gaining weight I would not wake her up. Let her eat as much as she wants during the day, so maybe she will keep sleeping at night. She's a cutie!!

Reflections by the Hill said...

Did you find out how long she is? She certainly has the length. :)

Courtney said...

CONGRATS, Jess!!!!! She is PERFECT! I hope that you are doing well :) With a little angel like that how could you not be?