Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

The first meeting

Gage got to come up and meet his baby sister today. I had NO idea he would react the way he did. I thought he's be interested, and want to see her, but I thought he'd get bored with her or not like it when she cried. Boy was I wrong! He is IN LOVE with her. He kept saying "Mine! My baby" and wanting to hold her- not just touch her, but hold her. He rubbed her head and gave her kisses and said "Was wong?" when she would cry. He never got bored with her. When we put her down in the little crib beside my bed so he could sit with me, he ignored me and stood on the side of my bed to lean over in her crib and touch her.

Here are some pics of the meeting as well as a few more we've taken today. It's amazing how quickly babies change early on.










6 comments:

Cassie said...

Congratulations!! She is gorgeous of course. How cute is he with her?! He's already off to a great start at being a great big brother. Can't wait to see more pics.

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh those are the sweetest pics of the two of them! Evie is just beautiful!

Ciaran's parents, Jon & Wendy said...

I love the...Was Wong???

Dollface said...

I'm so happy that he's already accepting her!

Emmilu said...

what a sweet big brother!

Reflections by the Hill said...

Wow! So precious. You go big brother!