Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Still no baby- quit asking

Just kidding. It hasn't been that bad. I just don't want 1000 phone calls in the next 2 or week or whatever asking if she's here yet. When she is, you'll know. My 40 week appointment is tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll have a "latest possible" date by then (induction date).

Yesterday I got a message from someone I know through the therapy waiting room. Her hubby is a photographer and she asked me if I would be interested in a maternity session, free of charge, so her hubby could build his portfolio. She sent me a link to a pose he wanted to try, which included a bare pregnant belly....I said no way. She asked if I would be willing if we covered my belly and I said sure. So Gage and I went this morning and had the photo session. It was actually pretty fun and I can't wait to see the pics. We have to go back when Evie is a week or 2 old, and then he wants to take her pic once a month for a year, again, for free. We will just pay for any pics we buy. Gage got in on some of the pics today. Those were his first pro pics ever...I'm such a bad mom!! While there, I got to see some of this guy's work, and he's really good. I have added him to my blog roll if you want to take a peek at some of his work(Reflections by the Hill). I would highly recommend him to anyone in the area!

Our Christmas was good. Everyone came to us, which was fabulous! I should have planned for Gage to be a Christmas-time baby! Oh wait, it doesn't work that way, does it?

Anyway, we had a great time with everyone and Gage is just trying to come down off the grandparent-induced high he's been on. He was back at therapy today and did great. I was a little afraid that after being off for 2 weeks that he's be a pill, but he was excited to see "Seesa" and "Derk" again. Reesha said he was Mr. Social today and had to greet everybody before they could get down to business. I need to get Gage some supper, so I'll just post one pic from Christmas morning, when he got his train.


4 comments:

Ashley said...

Can't wait to see the pics!

How long will your doctor let you go past your due date?

Looks like a fun Christmas morning!

Ciaran's parents, Jon & Wendy said...

I did pregnancy pics....I loved them!!

Lucky Gem said...

So, no baby yet? Hahaha! She'll be here soon, though! I can't wait to hear about her and see pictures. You better not make us wait long.

Reflections by the Hill said...

Hey, I had a great time to during the photo session. I am looking forward to getting those pictures up on the blog. Thanks for the plug and I look forward to seeing E.