Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, February 12, 2010

4 weeks

Both kids are asleep for the moment, so I thought I'd post.

Today is my first day at home alone with both kids! Tony went back to work today after 36 days off. He sent me a message today saying "we were together 36 days in a row....and we didn't kill each other!!" It was really nice to have him home for so long!

This past week, we got 8-9" of snow!! It was beautiful and we had fun with it. Tony was supposed to go back to work Tuesday, but couldn't get out of our driveway, so didn't go. We enjoyed it, but I'm ready for it to be gone now. I am done with freezing temps. I so could not live anywhere north of where I am now!



Evie is doing good. She's got a little cold, but I think she's getting better now. She generally sleeps for much of the morning and then has some pretty good awake time. In the evening she tends to scream and scream. I think she has tummy issues. She eventually settles down sometime between 10:30 and midnight and then sleeps til around 6. I'm still loving the night's sleep. We have put Gage's old sleep positioner in our bed so she sleeps there now. I'll work on moving her back to the pack-n-play....later. This is working for now. This week, she started smiling socially, and it makes me happy.


Gage seems to be acting out a little. Nothing too severe, and it could be that he's just 2, but I feel like I am getting on to him constantly. He also wants to be touching/pulling/poking Evie all the time. He can be rough with her. She is going to be one tough little girl with a big brother like that.

Gage has decided that walking is for cool kids. He started making trips between the couch and ottoman without being prompted, even without his braces on. We moved the ottoman further away and he does that just fine now. Today I watched him let go of the chair and head for our bedroom with nothing in front of him to walk to. He just took off. He didn't make it but about 5 steps, but he was willing to try! I am so proud of him! He is supposed to be getting forearm crutches soon. I'm not convinced that they will be used for anything but billy clubs, but we'll see :).

1 comment:

MaeMae said...

I just got my valentine's present. thanks for the new pics. I love to get on and see new ones. Not like I think you have time to post every 3 seconds like I would like to see, so I appreciate it so much every time you do. And I love your blogging.
Reading it to Grandma is always fun. Miss you and love you. I am with you about the arm crutches - I think they will have to be put up to protect the innocent......