Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Info Mish-mash

First, Tater is doing better. It was really touch and go for a while, but it has gotten slowly and steadily better since. He now has a trach and they started backing off his sedation today. Rachel reports that he has been opening his eyes and smiling some today. He still has a very long recovery ahead of him, but he has some great friends in Dusty, Rachel, and others to help him.

I don't know if I've mentioned it, but Gage has a new car seat and Evie got his old one. He was hovering dangerously close to 35lbs, and with his neck issues, I was just not comfortable turning him around yet, so I bought him a Radian 80SL (review some day, I promise) that rear-faces to 45lbs. Evie was screaming in the car 100% of the time, so it was worth a shot to try her in the True Fit and see if it made any difference. I think it did a little, but not all the time. I have the infant seat in the cargo area of my car now so I can use it when I absolutely have to, but I prefer having her in a convertible anyway. The True Fit is actually a better fit than her infant seat was.

I have been having "episodes" again. It's excruciating pain in my upper abdomen. I had it a few times after Gage was born- once when he was in the hospital at 2 1/2 months, and then a couple more after that, and not again until just recently, after Evie got here. I'm 99% sure it's my gall bladder. It's totally miserable. I have an appointment for an ultrasound Thursday, so hopefully I'll know something about it then. I can't keep this up. It's awful!

Evie is doing good. She's 7 weeks tomorrow. She is nowhere near as laid back as Gage was. She's a moody little thing. She still sleeps awesome, though, so I can take her mood swings. She *might* get up once between 4-5am, but she usually sleeps 11pm-7am or so. I'm definitely not complaining. It's awesome. She's definitely filling out. She smiles a lot when she's awake which will melt your heart!

Gage is a walking fool. If he has his braces on, he will choose to walk instead of crawl a lot of the time. He doesn't always make it to his destination without falling, but I am loving that he is motivated to try!

Pics

Gage sitting in the rocker thingy

An afternoon at the park. Gage loves to slide!


Evie snug in her sling while Gage played

Smiling at Dad:

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow, my little ones NEVER slept that good.... you are lucky! Love the ring sling picture. Madi and Conner both spent a lot of time in nice carriers, but Madi will for much longer!