Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Where have I been?

Three weeks ago or so my computer decided that it didn't want to charge anymore. The power jack was going out, just like it did on my Dell 2 year ago. A friend said he thought he could fix it, so I bought the $10 part and gave him the computer.

Two weeks ago today I had my gall bladder removed. I had my first attack when Gage was 2 months old and in the hospital for the shunt revision/CSF infection. I chalked it up to stress. Had a couple more and then no more until Evie was a few weeks old. I swear the pain is worse than labor. Ultrasound showed it was full of stones.

Surgery went fine. The day after surgery, I felt fine and went out to eat with friends. That weekend I hit a wall and felt awful. I had a low-grade fever for a day.

The following weekend I felt a lot better and we hung out with friends Friday night. BEFORE dinner at a seafood place, I noticed my bottom eyelid itching a little and it was a tiny bit swollen. By the time we got back to our friends' house after dinner, they were more swollen. The next morning, I looked terrible! REALLY swollen eyes but my eyeballs were not red or itchy- just the skin below them. Today is Wednesday and they are STILL swollen! My dr. told me to take Benedryl, which didn't work. So he told me to take Benedryl and Zyrtec, and so far, it's better than it was, but still swolen. I have NO idea what's up. I have patches of rash on my torso, too. I have never done this for seasonal allergies, and it seems like I would have a runny nose and itchy, watery eyes to go with it if it was. I can't pinpoint any new foods. I haven't taken any meds since about 3 days after surgery. I just have no clue what's up. Despite the gorgeous day that we're having today, and the yard work that I need to get to, I am staying inside today to see if that helps.

The computer ended up being harder to fix than it should be, so it is in pieces at my friend's house. We bought a new one last night. I figure it it does get fixed then we just have 2 functional computers. I'm just glad to be back online! I feel like I missed so much!

The kids are good. Evie is still sleeping through the night...really always has. She hates being in the car. I feel sorry for Gage sitting back there with her screaming her head off. Oh well. It will pass.

Gage is a walking fool! If he has shoes and braces on, he now chooses to walk more than crawl. I am so proud of him! As soon as I transfer everything to this new laptop, I will post some pics of the kids.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad your surgery went well! Hope the allergy/itchiness goes away soon. Looking forward to pics!

Emmilu said...

Wow! You've been busy! Glad the surgery went well! Gald to hear Gage is on the move!!!

Whitney said...

Did you eat any shellfish? As you know, I have eaten shrimp my whole life...but within the last year or so have developed a shellfish and sulfa allergy...the dr's say it's due to a genetically compromised endocrine system. I have even broken out in rash with swollen lips and eyes by just getting in the ocean!!! Praying your swollen-ness goes away!

Ciaran's parents, Jon & Wendy said...

Glad to hear surgery went well.

I have been having computer issues also. I need to get posting =)