Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, May 14, 2010

Whitney and Paul, May 8, 2010



I am SO happy for my cousin and best friend Whitney, and her new hubby Paul. The first time "the family" met Paul was at Thanksgiving at my Aunt Cherry's house. Paul came in with Whitney and I just assumed he had already met everyone else- he was so at ease. Then I heard him introduce himself to Whitney's brother! We all love Paul. He fits into the family and we are so glad to have him!

Their wedding was scheduled for the previous weekend, May 1 and they traded with a couple at some point because the husband was to be deployed the week after the 1st. It so happens that the weekend of the 1st, Nashville flooded. Devistatingly so. The weather on the 8th was a little unseasonably cool, but absolutely gorgeous! The venue was amazing and it all went off without a hitch.

There was no rehearsal dinner. Instead, family and friends gathered for a few frames of bowling. I can't tell you how appropriate that is for Whitney and Paul! It was so much fun! Even my kids enjoyed it!






The ceremony was short and sweet (cousin Brock timed it at a hair over 7 minutes) and the reception was awesome. The food rocked, and visiting with everyone was awesome. Gage stayed in someone's lap eating M&Ms or cake, or on the dance floor the entire time.


Notice the drool stain on my brother's leather jacket :(. Unfortunately I didn't take pics of the actual ceremony and most of my reception pics are dark and blurry.

2 comments:

MaeMae said...

Evie is so cute in her girl stuff - I bet you have fun dolling her up. i love the one of Gage dancing and in the crib with Evie.
Cannot wait to see you at Nate's party....

Emmilu said...

I'm so happy for Whitney!!! YEA!!! And I so love the pic of Gage on the dance floor!!