Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Evie 7 Months Old


Gage at 7 months:



So I'm late by 10 days, but Evie is now 7 months old! We had a well-baby visit last week, and here is where she is:

Weight- 16lbs 4oz (35th %ile)
Height- 26" (75th %ile)
Head- 17" (50th %ile)

She's still kind of a peanut, and REALLY tiny compared to her huge brother.

She still isn't crazy about most foods. She will gnaw on a pizza crust and eat a sweet potato fry if we give it to her. I think she likes her banana puff things okay. She HATES peaches and will blow them out of her mouth if she can. She always turns her head if I come at her with a spoon.

If you care to compare (and I always do) This is Gage's 7 month update. He weighed 6lbs more than Evie at this age, but otherwise, was right around the same developmentally as she is. He wasn't eating much either, and was sitting alone by now, too, although she is a much stronger sitter than he was then. He was scooting backwards, and she is REALLY trying to crawl right now. She gets on all 4s withing seconds of me sitting her down, and has the arm motion figured out, but has yet to coordinate that with the leg motion. Evie loves the bath, just like he did, and splashes from the time I put her in, until I take her out.

Evie still loves Gage and loves to watch him. He is still usually really sweet to her, but lately I have caught him pushing it with how rough he can be with her. He does not like her playing with his Geotrax train or plane and cries if she comes close to it.

Evie now has 2 top teeth and a 3rd is not far behind. The 2nd top one cut through sometime yesterday. I thought I posted when the 1st came in on Facebook, but I guess I didn't. It was sometime after the 10th, though, so we'll call it right at 7 months.

2 comments:

Emmilu said...

I cannot believe this... when did this happen??? They are absolutely beautiful... i love the picture of the two of them at the top of your blog!!!

Whitney said...

I can't wait to love all over them in a couple of weeks!