Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

Shake it up


Gage and I felt the earth move this morning at 8:33am! We've been mostly hearing little quakes over the last week or so, but this one scared me to death! It measured 3.8 and was centered about 1.3 miles from our house, according to Google Maps.

It sounded like thunder from a storm directly over the house. It rattled the windows and stuff on the shelves, and slowly rumbled away. It seemed to last forever, although I know it was just a few seconds. Gage was sitting on the ottoman, watching Signing Time when it happened, and he immediately put his head down and covered it with his hands. Poor thing was scared and said "Is it loud?" several times. I really hope this isn't indicative of things to come! I can handle these little earth shakers, but that one today is about my limit.

In unrelated news:
I'll have a full monthly update to do in a few days, but just for my info, Evie is officially pulling to stand. She did so in her bed for the first time yesterday, and stood up on Tony, who was laying in the floor, Monday.

No comments: