Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Evie is 11 months old






As usual, I am late on my update. Evie was 11 months old 12/13. I am in denial. My baby will not be a year old in less than a month!

She was not very patient with me when we did these pics. She did not want to be still!!

Evie is signing more and more. She signs "milk" all the time, and has signed "daddy". She knows what "eat" means and is liking food more and more. She still nurses more than anything, though.

Evie can and does stand on her own from time to time, but just for a few seconds. She'll stand at the ottoman or couch and let go to play with a toy in her hand. Today, she balanced on a small box I was wrapping, and let go to stand all the way up by herself. She cruises along furniture all the time, but crawling is still her preferred mode of transport. Like her brother, she finds crawling fast and easy, so sees no need to walk. As early as she did other things (sit alone crawl), I thought she'd be walking by now.

She's a funny girl. She screeches happily from her car seat, all to herself. Today at lunch, she would "throw a fit" and then screech at whoever would look at her, then giggle.

She still loves her brother. Anything he does is hilarious to her. He thinks she's pretty great, too, although "sharing" is lost on him. He thinks Evie should "share" with him, but not the other way around.

We are in the middle of our Christmas festivities. Hopefully I'll have some pics up soon, but no promises!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

She is so sweet! She'll be running soon :)

Marie said...

She's growing so fast! Its hard to believe how big she is already!