Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saving Shea

I don't know who reads this blog anymore. Maybe just my mom. I couldn't keep from posting this, though. There are probably many stories like this around the world, but this one touched my heart because I KNOW what a blessing it is to watch a child with spina bifida achieve the things that are taken for granted by most of us.

Shea is a 4 year old orphan in the Ukraine. He is facing institutionalization and being bed-bound due to his age. He is just recently available for adoption, and some loving folks here have started a fund to help facilitate that since it can be so expensive. You can read about Shea here and donate by using this
.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey! I read your blog!! I have read about him on a few blogs, went to the site, and now have a list of about, oh 10 or so kids I want to adopt :). Actually it's more than 10 ;). I pray he can find a loving home who will see all the wonderful things about him and help him live up to his full potential!

Colleen said...

I'm reading. :)
Everytime I read about this little boy, my heart stops all over again. It's just so sad.

Marie said...

I always read your blogs!

and I wish we could afford to help out! I've passed on the link though!