Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Evie is ONE!!

Evie is one today!!  I know everybody always says this but I CAN NOT BELIEVE SHE'S ONE!!! As Tony posted on Facebook: "1 year ago today we forced Evie to come into this world....I think she is still mad about that. Happy Birthday puddin pop!"

These pictures show her attitude.  I am not going to try to re-take them.  They are HER.  "You WILL NOT make me sit here with this stupid big tiger.  I have better things to do than sit pretty and pose."  Yeah, I think she's going to be my challenge.
She has been such a fun baby.

 She started her life sleeping all night (once I let her) and being very laid back.  When she got beyond that sleepy baby stage, she still slept all night, but only took one 4-hour nap in the afternoon.  Then she started teething and she quit sleeping much at all.  Then she realized that somebody must be having fun if she's in bed, so she quit wanting to GO to sleep, but once there, she'd stay there most of the night.  Now she goes to bed by about 10pm and wakes up around 7:30, and takes a hour or 2 nap around 1:00pm. 

She has been working on standing alone for a week or so now.  Today, she really seemed to be "practicing" and stood up in the middle of the floor by herself several times.  She still won't take any steps alone, but will if I give her my pinky. 

Today she said "baby" loud and clear, which is the first "real" word I've heard.  She's said "dada" and "mama" for a while.  She signs "milk" like it's going out of style.  She also signs "daddy", "all done", "mama" (palm to her mouth) and "more" (looks like clapping almost).

She definitely has a more willful personality than Gage did.  She gets mad if he takes a toy or if I take something she isn't supposed to play with.  She yells at me if I'm not quick enough bringing her food, or if I walk into another room as she follows me.  I can see her being more challenging than my easy-going Gage is. 

 




Evie has been such a joy to our family.  We look forward to watching her and Gage grow and develop as the years go by.  I really do appreciate all of you sharing in that through this blog!

1 comment:

Emmilu said...

Happy Birthday Evie!!