Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

A week and 1/2 after surgery

And Gage is doing awesome.  Really, way more awesome than I could have expected.  He is acting like he never had surgery.  He never complains of being sore, and he is doing all the things he did before surgery.  We even went to Jump Zone Saturday.  I didn't let him go down the big slide, but he did fine otherwise.  The only complaint is that his incision is a little itchy.  No biggy.

Last week, we thought he was having some referred pain in his tummy.  He would suddenly clutch his stomach and complain that it hurt.  It sounded like cramps.  We eventually figured out that it was the Motrin.  Since we quit the Motrin, he hasn't complained at all.

I have yet to decide if he has regained anything.  Sometimes he'll do something and I'll think "ooh, I don't think he could do that before."  Then, he'll be clumsy and I think he's holding on while he walks as much or more than before.  I am reserving judgment until his PT tells me what to think ;).

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts for him.  He's an amazing kid!

No comments: