Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The first big separation

This past Saturday, our friends/cousin Matthew and Cati got hitched in Ft. Worth, TX.  Tony and I decided to take most of the week before as a little vacation for the 2 of us, leaving the kids with his parents, Nana and Pops.  So, we left here Monday after PT and headed to Saratoga.  We stayed the night and then left for Arlington the next morning.

This is the first time we have left the kids for this long.  Evie has stayed overnight with my parents when Gage was in the hospital, and I'm thinking Gage has stayed overnight once or twice, but this is the first biggie for both of them, and for us. 

We bid on our hotel on Priceline, and got the Sharaton right next to The Ballpark at Arlington, for $55 a night!!!  We were thrilled.  The hotel was nice (although without free wifi-come on!) and just a short walk to the park.
Tuesday night, we went to the Rangers vs. Astros game.  It was hot.  Really hot.  There was no air moving inside the park and we just sat there and sweat the whole time.  It was a great game, though.  When we walked to our seats, the Rangers were taking batting practice and we almost got hit by a ball.  Then, a home run to tie the game went right to our left.  Our friends found us on TV!  Then, a home run won the game for the Rangers!  As SOON as the bat cracked for that last hit, the wind started swirling and there was trash all over the field.  A storm was rolling in.  We made it back to the hotel just before the bottom fell out.  We watched the storm from our 16th floor window.

Wednesday, we got up and headed to Six Flags.  Tony and I are both adrenaline junkies, so we rode everything.  This is the new Texas Giant.  The last time we rode it, I swore I'd never get on it again.  It beat me half to death!  They have recently re-done it though and it is MUCH smoother, and an awesome thrill. 
 This is a picture of the Titan roller coaster, The Ballpark at Arlington, where the Rangers play, and Tony's Mecca, Cowboy Stadium.  This was taken from the Oil Derek observation tower in Six Flags.
 Here is the Titan, a much-loved and biggest roller coaster at Six Flags.  I don't know if this is clickable and you can enlarge the photo or not, but that is the train stuck at the top of the first hill, and people walking down the steps to get off the train.  I may really have to think about it before getting on it again.
 Thursday night, we went to eat with Matthew, Cati, Matthew's parents, his uncle, and friend, Blake at Joe T. Garcia's in Ft. Worth.  It was really close to the Stockyards, where the wedding would take place, so we took a walk to see it.  This is Fincher's White Front Western Store in the Stockyards.
 A picture of an interchange.  Is it in Dallas?  No, this is Texarkana, population 37,000.  Insane.
The kids arrived Friday afternoon with Nana and Pops.  I missed them SO much, but we all had such a good time.  That evening was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame (cool place!).  The food was catered by a BBQ place nearby, and it was awesome!! 

Saturday was the wedding.  Tony and I were both in it, so we were busy with that while the kids played with Nana and Pops.  The wedding was beautiful.  Cati was glowing and gorgeous.  It was a very happy occasion for 2 very deserving people.  They are now in my very favorite place in the world, St. Croix.  I only have a few pics of the bride:

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Sounds like you had a really fun time! I just looked at your sidebar links and saw you had Dr. Sears, i love that site too!