Welcome to our little space on the net! This blog is just about our family life, and began as a way to keep family and friends updated on what was going on with my pregnancy with our first son, Gage. We've since added Evie to our family, and I continue to blog about family life, car seats, spina bifida, and anything else that catches my attention.

The Kids

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, January 23, 2012

I got a job!

I wasn't really even looking for one.  Gage goes to PT at this wonderful pediatrics clinic.  I know several therapists that work there, and they all love it.  Last week, I noticed they posted 2 open full-time OT positions on their Facebook page.  I am not at all interested in going to work full-time, but I have said that when I was ready to work again, my first resume was going to this clinic, even if they weren't looking.  I decided to email and see if they wanted a part-time OT, thinking the answer would be "we really need full time" and that would be that.

That's not what happened.  I got a call back from the boss-lady asking when I could come in for an interview.  I think I expected things NOT to work out and I could go along knowing it just wasn't the right time.  So, last Wednesday I interviewed while Gage was in PT.  Before the interview I was anxious and on the verge of tears.  WHY was I doing this? I didn't want to WORK!!  What was I thinking???  After the interview, I couldn't wait to start!  It sounds like a perfect fit for me.

I told her when I wanted to work and she said that was fine.  I will be working twice a week.  One day Tony will be able to be here with the kids.  The other day, they will be going to the home of a homeschooling family to be watched by their teenage daughter!  There are 4 kids at home.  One is Gage's "best friend" who is about 12, and the youngest is a little girl who is just a year and 1/2 or so older than him.  I think they are going to have a ball. 

I'm looking forward to this season in life.  I was not unhappy staying home all week with my kids.  I do not feel unfulfilled as a stay-at-home mom.  I do love being an OT, though, and look forward to getting my rusty skills to work again.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

That's awesome, it sounds like the perfect scenario! I'm so excited for you.

Cassie said...

That's awesome, it sounds like the perfect scenario! I'm so excited for you.

Ciaran's parents, Jon & Wendy said...

Hi Jessica...it's a voice from the past. How are you all?? How is the job going?

I was re-reading one of your posts and it said you had second guessed Gage's decompression. How is he now? Was it worth it? I hear they may have to be done again...do you think that may one day be the case with Gage?